The notification printer attention required on HP devices or printer needs attention is one of the common problems on hp printers. It is opposite the way it sounds shocking to the user. It is undoubtedly resolvable with the help of some automation tool or some different techniques presented below. There are three possible solutions to fix this issue, so please follow:
Fix: 1 Install and run hp print and scan doctor- an automated tool
Firstly, open a browser on your system and visit our website. From there, you need to click on ‘printer and scan doctor’ from the diagnostic drop-down menu. Now you are supposed to click on the download button to start the downloading. Moreover, Mac users recommend downloading HP smart from the Mac App Store. Next, follow the stepwise guide to fix the issue.
- Now open up the downloads section on your system and run the ‘.exe’ file to install the automated tool.
- After installation, you are supposed to open the print and scan doctor tool and click on Start. Next, you need to select your printer having an error message.
- If your printer is not listed over the window, then turn your printer ON and try again.
- If you have faced any other connectivity issues, then follow the instructions from the tool.
- Now you will have two options fix printing and fix scanning. You need to click on the ‘fix printing’ option.
- Next, you will be shown, test results for fixing the issue.
- A checkmark means your printer passed.
- A wrench means a problem was found and fixed.
- An exclamation mark means a test failed and was skipped.
- An X means the printer has a problem. Follow the instructions to fix it.
Fix: 2 Update HP Printer Driver
- At first, access the home page of the hp official website.
- Next, you are supposed to scroll access the products tab from the menu and click on print support from the drop-down menu.
- Now scroll down to the search bar on the page and search for your printer model name and number.
- After pressing enter, you will go to a page that includes all the information about your printer model.
- Next, you are supposed to click on the software, drivers, and firmware.
- Now you need to select your system operating system and its version to continue.
- Next, you have to download the full feature software and drivers for your printer.
- After downloading, install the drivers and restart your system to fix the problem.
Fix: 3 Connect your computer with TCP/IP port (Windows only)
- Firstly, search and open Printers and scanners on your windows computer.
- Now click on the name of your printer and continue by clicking on Manage.
- Next, click on printer properties.
- Now click on the ports tab and then click on add new port.
- Select standard TCP/IP port and later click on the new port.
- Now type your printer’s IP address that you have written down earlier and then click on Next.
- Select the new standard TCP/IP port from the list and click OK.
- Now try printing a document. The hp attention required error to resolve by now.